The Redlands Optimist Club is a local service organization dedicated to helping the youth of Redlands and surrounding communities.
It is part of Optimist International, which is made up of more than 2600 service clubs in the United States and several other nations. The Redlands club, comprised of community business professionals, retirees, and area service workers has benefitted the community in a variety of ways since its founding in 1947. The Optimist Motto is Friend of Youth, and club members benefit the young men and women of our community through service in a variety of ways. We all try to live by the tenets of the Optimist Creed, a statement of principles by which Optimists try to live their lives. If these represent the values that you hold, please join us in making our community better.
Civics day is an annual event put on by the Redlands Optimist Club to introduce... Read More
• To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
• To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
• To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
• To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
• To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
• To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
• To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
• To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
• To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
• To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
MEET THE PRESIDENT
Serving as the 71st President for the 2017-2018 term, Tim Huston was born and raised right here in Redlands. All three of his daughters attended Smiley Elem, Cope Middle School and RHS and his oldest daughter is currently a sophomore at the University of Redlands . Tim and his wife Debbie are both deeply involved in the community and their church. Tim originally joined the Optimist club in 1993 but left for a few years for business and came back to the club in 2000. Tim is a home mortgage consultant at the Wells Fargo branch in downtown Redlands. As the son of a past president of another local service club Tim wanted to have his own identity and the Redlands Optimist Club has been a perfect fit. His favorite events that the Optimist Club puts on are Civics Day, Optimist Games and Redlands Oktoberfest. Tim is looking forward to having a successful year as president of the club.